How to Choose an Abortion Clinic
Key factors to consider when you choose an abortion clinic near you.
At Gynemed Surgical Center, we understand that making the choice about your pregnancy is a difficult and an emotional time in your life. As leaders in family planning, we firmly believe that patient education should help answer questions, and not create them, and help provide you with additional comfort about your decision.
Understandably, cost is a very important consideration, however, with the help of this check list, you will have all the tools you need to truly make the best decision regarding your own, personal needs.
- Has the physician performing the abortion completed a 4 year residency in OB/GYN?
- Has the physician been providing abortion care for years?
- Are they associated or accredited by professional abortion associations?
- Is the facility ONLY an abortion clinic or is it both a clinic and a licensed Ambulatory Surgical Center?
- Does the facility have a good reputation among their patients?
- Does the facility have an established history of providing safe quality care?
- Does the facility get a lot of protestors?
- Does the facility accept your insurance?
- Does the facility use the latest medications?
GYNEMED SURGICAL CENTER FACTS
- At Gynemed, our physicians are OB/GYN’s and are board certified/eligible.
- They have extensive training and experience in the latest medical/surgical abortion techniques.
- We are members of the professional organizations National Abortion Federation and Abortion Care Network.
- Gynemed has been the ONLY abortion clinic that is a state licensed Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC), in the state of Maryland, since 1982
- Gynemed has been in the same location for over 30 years. We feel it is our obligation to give back to our community.
- Gynemed surgical center is in a private professional building, therefore, protestors are prohibited from being on the premises by law.
- At Gynemed we accept many forms of insurance, including BCBS, Cigna, Aetna, United Healthcare, and Medical Assistance. Please call our center to verify coverage and what your out-of-pocket amount will be.
- Gynemed uses the latest medications that are much easier on the body and provide a better, and more comfortable, outcome.
- Medications we use are:
- Cytotec: softens and dilates the cervix
- Mifepristone: stops the growth of the pregnancy
- Xanax: calms any anxiety the patient may have
- Antibiotics: prescribed after the procedure to prevent any infection that could occur